In this section, you can register specific devices to an app for testing purposes. Each device has a unique Device ID that can be used to do this.
Thanks to this feature, you will be able to see the logs of this device as it navigates through the app. This means you will be able to see all of its session details. It will give you the ability to test your own tagging plan by looking at which events are really triggered while using your app.
You can also use the feature to send a test push to a device and see what it will look like to the user.
a. Test Push
See section 6f. In-device preview.
b. Test your Tagging Plan
(1) First you have to log into your account on the FollowAnalytics platform http://clients.follow- apps.com/ and then in another tab open the Device Sessions Logs tool https://api.follow- apps.com/sessions?
(2) The entity will be automatically filled in (this is the account into which you are logged in).
(3) Choose the relevant app.
(4) Choose a device that’s registered or…
(5) Register a new one by…
(a) Entering your device ID
(b) If you don’t know your device ID, click on “Where do I find my device ID?”
(c) Enter your email address in the popup. You will receive an email entitled “How to get the device ID for [your app]” and follow the instructions to receive your device ID
(6) Once you have entered all the information, click on the REGISTER THIS DEVICE button.
(7) Another pop-up will appear asking you to enter a name for the device. Set a meaningful name as the name cannot be changed and you can register many devices per app.
(8) Now your device is registered, you can track its usage. To get started, first, do some sessions on your app, killing your app between sessions.
(9) Click the “Submit” button.
(10) The logs of your sessions will be displayed below. The lines in bold are the “events” of your Tagging plan.